Monday, April 20, 2009

Lexi Learns how to Use Her Bouncer

We got Lex the bouncer for Christmas and while she's never hated it she's never been that big of a fan of it.  I kept trying to get her to bounce up and down in it because I thought when she learned that she would love it.  She never really got the hang of it though so I gave up.  Now that she is so mobile we have to plop her in it if we need to do things like carry the laundry up or down the stairs and the gates need to be open so we don't kill ourselves.  She has learned to climb stairs which is terrifying to me.  I'll post a picture of the stairs in our house so you can see why.  Saturday she managed to get the door on the gate open and followed Ty up two stairs before I caught her.  But I digress...  So yesterday when her Nana was over we put her in the bouncer so my mom could vacuum behind the couches and my dad could fix the baby gate so we had no more incidences like on Saturday.  And look what she learned to do.  


I have no idea if this is interesting to anyone but me but I think it is ADORABLE so I had to share.  I could just watch this child all day and night if I had the time.  I love watching her explore and learn new things.  And her laugh...I can't get enough of it.

Other new milestones is that she can now imitate clapping her hands and she has developed a SERIOUS attitude.  She got mad at Ciara the other day and I swear she snatched something right out of Ciara's hand and then yelled at her.  I couldn't stop laughing but Ciara was able to take it seriously and get whatever it was she had taken away in the first place and told Lex it was not ok to have attitude like that.  I've also seen her snatch things from us that she doesn't want and then throw it on the floor.  Again so hard not to laugh even after I had spent all morning vacuuming and mopping and it was pieces of wet sticky mandarin oranges she was snatching and throwing onto the floor.  

We are trying to keep up doing the signing.  Right now she just uses all done for any and everything.  I have been trying to teach her up, more, and a few signs for food she loves, but she is so impatient and so attitudey she starts screaming at me, won't look at what I'm doing with my hands and certainly won't let me help her little hands make any signs.  Another thing I would love to have some video of.  Maybe I'll have Ciara tape a session one day.  I shudder when I think of her being two or ~gulp~ sixteen.  I am quite positive that I will be paid back for all that I put my parents through as a teenager.

This has turned out much longer than I ever intended.  Probably because I have a TON of homework to do and this is just so much more fun:)  But I really should try to get something done...or at least fully commit to trying to get my little malienta to sleep.

Oh yeah and we have an ant infestation in our BATHROOMS!!!  Why in the world they like our bathrooms is beyond me.  I keep cleaning thinking it must be something they're eating but its not making any difference.  I've been sitting here checking because I keep feeling like ants are crawling all over me.  We meed to find some sort of kid safe something we can spray cause this is horrible!!!

No comments:

Followers