Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back to School.

Today I had my first day back to classes.  I have decided while I'm at home to start working on my Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) certification so that I can change the signature on my work email to:  Megan  ______ M.Ed., BCBA.  I'm kidding it really is good for me to get certified if I want to continue in the field I am in or start providing ABA services privately.

It was the longest I have been without Lexi since she was born and it was hard for both my heart and my boobies.  We were running late trying to get our grocery shopping in before I left for class so I did not have time to feed her or pump.  Thank god our professor let us out almost an hour and a half early because just as he was starting to wrap things up I felt the oh so familiar feeling of my milk letting down.  Luckily I had on pads, a black shirt, and a hoodie, so nobody was able to see.  

It brought back some not so fond memories of when I was in undergrad finishing up my degree and Tyler was a newborn.  I never found a good place to pump that I felt comfortable enough on campus so I would try to make it through all my classes without it.  I remember numerous times sitting in my 7:20-10:00 class leaking through all the layers I had and crossing my arms over my chest so people wouldn't notice as much.  Oh to be 21 and a brand new mom trying to finish my degree - Fun Times!!!!

And just because posts with pictures are more fun here's one totally not related but fun nonetheless.  Its from when Ciara's family was visiting.  There was quite the discussion (in Spanish so I didn't get all of it) about whether Lexi should be allowed in the picture (i don't think her relatives from Panama know about us and they wanted a family picture) so they compromised and did half with her and half without.

No comments:

Followers