Friday, January 2, 2009

Fun Times During Winter Break.

We have had a fun Christmas break.  Last week we got to meet up with our blogger friends from Love Makes a Family.  They were great.  We met up with them at a museum which we never do so it was fun to take advantage of living so close to DC.  Our little guys had the same due date and Candice and I talked through a forum throughout most of the pregnancies so it was so neat to meet them in real life.  Their boys are adorable and we all really had a good time.  I wanted to kick myself because I forgot to bring my camera which I take everywhere but they said they'd email the pics so when I get them I'll post them.  Although here's The Link to C's post with the pics which is probably easier:)

Yesterday we took Tyler snowboarding for the fist time.  He and Ciara took a lesson, at the end of the lesson they went down the bunny slope and I met up with them.  Ty was laying on the ground crying when I came off the lift.  He said his hands were freezing.  I told him that he could take off his board and walk down and we could go warm up or he could try to board down the hill.  He would get up go a little bit fall down and bawl.  He and Ciara were ready to turn in their boards once they reached the bottom but I convinced them to get some food warm up and try again.  Tyler was great.  The second time we got out there he LOVED it.  Ciara went down the baby bunny slope (barely a hill) once and was done.  Tyler kept going and by the end was doing pretty well.  I left them and ventured out on my own one last time to try the intermediate slope.  I have to say that skiing is not quite as easy to pick up again as biking (I hadn't been in probably 10 or more years).  On the bunny slope where I stayed so that I could watch them in their lesson (and cause I'm a chicken) was fine but I hit a few bumps and some ice on the harder slope and thought I was going to die.  I made it down and actually had a lot of fun.  Tyler is already plotting for another trip but we'll have to see about that.....Skiing isn't the easiest sport on the pocketbook:)







We're all pretty sore today but it was fun!!!!

1 comment:

MT said...

Thank you for the nice comment on my blog. Thank you for the well wishes for the new year. And I also wish you a very good 2009 for you and your beautiful family!

Followers