Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Snoring in Stereo

Lexi has started snoring louder then I could imagine such a small child could snore.  It might be because she has what I think is her first cold.  She had a tiny fever yesterday and had been so fussy and congested I'm assuming thats what it is.  Anyway since Ciara snores it gets almost comical in our room at night.  Last night I wanted to record it because when Lex would be breathing in Ciara would be breathing out.  It was in perfect time like they planned it out.  I have no qualms shoving Ciara when she gets too loud but there is no way I'm waking up a baby because she is snoring too loud.  Lucky for her I find it endearing and cute:)


I also took Lexi to the doctor yesterday.  She's had funny scaly patches on her skin and the day before yesterday we found two that were perfect little circles and looked like they could be ringworm.  When she got the fever I got a little freaked out and took her in.  We called her pediatrician at 12:00 they had an appt. for us at 12:30.  I signed in and didn't even sit down before we were called back and was out of the office by 12:46.  Turns out she has excema and so he told us to use aquafor once a day and if it doesn't get better to cut dairy out of my diet.  Since I used up all of my insurance from being on maternity leave we are paying for that advice but I was so impressed by the office that I am going to switch to the insurance carrier that covers them when I go back.  We had Kaiser before and while I had really loved the convenience of it - the whole building, pharmacy, OB, pediatrician, vision, is about one minute away - but when I took Ty for his 8 year checkup we were there for TWO hours for a fifteen minute appointment.  I think that cutting the wait time is enough to give the PPO a try.



Lexi helping me keep track of my homework.


This cracks me up.  Like she's bracing herself for the ride.  Hold on Lexi:)

2 comments:

giggleblue said...

my little brother has excema, and what helped was also bathing him in a gentle soap like dove unscented from very early on. it doesn't dry out the skin as much as johnsons or other products.

she's quite the cutie, btw!

Megan said...

That is def. good to know. We've been using the Johnson but I'm pretty sure we have dove around because I used to have it to.

Thanks:)

Followers